The Master of Engineering in Computational Engineering program is a non-thesis, non-research degree program. Applicants must hold either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in natural sciences or engineering. In addition, applicants must have at least a 3.0 or higher in their last two years of undergraduate study. International students whose native language is not English must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 103 (iBT), 257 (CBT) or 613 (PBT); or minimum IELTS academic exam scores of 6.5 overall and 6.0 in all subsections.
- Fall Term: May 1st
- Spring Term: November 1st
- Please Note: Spring 2018 applications will open on September 1, 2017
Standardized Test Deadlines
The GRE test is not required for the application, but applicants may submit GRE scores if they would like to. In order for the scores to be considered in the application, the test scores will need to be official score reports.
Most international applicants are required to provide TOEFL or IELTS scores. More information can be found here.
Electronic reports from the Educational Testing Services (ETS) can be delayed, so it is recommended that international applicants take these tests as early as possible to avoid delaying the application process. In general, these tests should be taken no less than 2 months prior to the application deadline. Unofficial score reports cannot be considered. The ETS institution code for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is 1836.
Graduate Application Checklist
All parts of the application, including the application fee, must be received by the application deadline. The Hobsons Apply Yourself system will close at 11:00 p.m. CST on the day of the deadline. Late applications are not accepted. In addition, incomplete applications will be subject to denial. In addition, all admission decisions will be communicated via email to the email address provided in the application.
- Complete the university’s online application.
- Pay the application fee – $70 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $90 for international students. Application fee must be paid using a credit card through the online application and is non-refundable.
- Transcripts – Transcripts must be uploaded in the online application. An acceptable electronic transcript includes the name of the institution, the applicant’s name, and grades for all courses. Additional documents may be required for International applicants. See here for additional information.
- Letters of Recommendation – The application will require 3 online references. If your reference has difficulties with the electronic system, he/she can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement – Max length is 3 pages.
- Resume/CV – Max length is 2 pages.
- Additional requirements for international applicants.
- TOEFL/IELTS – Most international applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. The code for ETS to report your score to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is 1836. More Information.
- Evidence of Financial Resources – While it is preferred to provide proof of funding documentation with the application, proof of funding documentation can be submitted later. More information on proof of funding can be found here.
- Class rank form – Applicants who have attended educational institutions outside of the United States should complete a class rank form. If your institution cannot provide this, you do not have to submit the form. It is not required.
This form can be mailed to:
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
Urbana, IL 61801
- Check your status of your application materials to ensure all materials have been submitted.
Email email@example.com for application and admission related questions.